California Gold Bars
California Gold Bars are made with golden raisins, quick oats and a luscious cinnamon icing.
- 2 cups California golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Combine raisins, sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan. Stir over medium heat until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cream butter and sugar.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Add oats and 1 tablespoon water. Mix until crumbly.
- Firmly press half of mixture into greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Spread with raisin filling. Pat on remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Mix sifted powdered sugar with cinnamon. Stir in milk until consistency for drizzling. Drizzle on bars.
Yield: 30 bars
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 21%);
Total Fat 3.5 (Saturated Fat 2; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 10; Sodium 95;
Potassium 130; Total Carbohydrate 28; Dietary Fiber 1; Sugars 20; Protein 2;
Recipe and photograph used with permission from: California Raisins
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.