California Walnut Jewel Squares
These chewy, walnut rich squares are perfect for the holiday season. For a variation
of the same recipe, top them with 1 cup each of chocolate chips and toffee bits.
Either version makes a wonderful holiday dessert recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups California walnuts, chopped, divided
- 2 cups candied fruit, chopped
- In bowl, stir Graham cracker crumbs, condensed milk and half of the walnuts.
- Pat into the bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Top with remaining walnuts and candied fruit.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven until walnuts are golden and base is set, about
30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
Total time 40 mins
Cook time 35 mins
Active time 5 mins
Nutrition: 310 Calories Fat 17g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated Fat 3g Polyunsaturated
Fat 11g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 100mg Carbohydrates 35g Dietary Fiber 3g Protein
Recipe and photo credit: