Candy Orange Slice and Date Bars
- 1/2 pound dates, cut fine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water
- 12 candy orange slices, finely cut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in 3 tablespoon hot milk
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Filling: Cook dates, sugar, flour, butter and water in a saucepan until thick.
- Remove from heat and add orange slices. Cool.
- Batter: Mix together well. Place half of batter in a 10 x 15 x 1-inch jellyroll
pan that has been greased and floured.
- Cover with the filling.
- Spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Frost with confectioners' sugar frosting.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes