Homemade bars are in the oven in minutes when you get a jump-start using Bisquick®
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup packed brown
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons
instant coffee granules or crystals
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold brewed coffee or milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with
shortening or cooking spray; lightly flour.
- In medium bowl, stir bar ingredients with spoon until well blended. Spread
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
Drizzle glaze over warm bars.
- For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- Serve warm or cool.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 32 bars
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Decrease Bisquick®
mix to 1 1/4 cups and brown sugar to 2/3 cup. Add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour with
the Bisquick® mix.
Substitution: Dried cranberries or other chopped
dried fruits can be used for the raisins.
Nutrition Information: 1 Bar: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat
2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 75mg; Total Carbohydrate
16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g); Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: