Caramel Chocolate Bars
Make sure that you use TOPPING for this, not syrup.
- 1 3/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 3/4 cups quick
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup Sunsweet Lighter Bake
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup reduced
fat semisweet baking chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup fat-free caramel
ice cream topping
- Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda
- Add Lighter Bake and oil; stir with fork until evenly moist and crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes; cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with baking chips.
- Stir 3 tablespoons flour into caramel topping. Drizzle over chocolate to
within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool; cut into bars.