Carrot and Zucchini Bars with Citrus Icing
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor
Citrus Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Bars: In large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; mix well and set aside.
In another large bowl combine remaining ingredients, except icing; mix well.
- Add carrot mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread
in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes
or until bars test done.
- Place on wire rack and cool completely. Frost with icing. Cover and store
- Citrus Cream Cheese Icing: Combine all ingredients; beat until smooth.
Posted by bizimouse at Recipe Goldmine 6/25/01 5:04:32 pm.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.