- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup
chopped salted cashews, macadamia nuts or toasted almonds
- 1 ounce unsweetened
chocolate, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter, sugars, vanilla extract and egg yolk in medium bowl. Stir in
flour and salt. Press dough into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with floured
- Beat egg white and water together; brush over dough. Sprinkle with cashews;
press lightly into dough.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until light brown; cool 10 minutes.
- Cut into 3-inch squares. Cut each square diagonally in half. Immediately
remove from pan; cool. Drizzle with chocolate.
- Let stand about 2 hours or until chocolate is set.
Yield: 24 servings (1 cookie per serving)
Per Serving: 110 Calories; 7g Fat (57.6% calories from fat); 2g Protein;
10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 60mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates