Charleston Cherry Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle red maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with butter
- In a bowl, combine first 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- In second bowl, cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add 1 egg and 1 egg
yolk, reserving white. Mix well. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Blend in flour
mixture until smooth. Scatter dough into pan. Pat down evenly. Set aside.
- Beat reserved egg white to stiff, but moist, peaks in a bowl.
- Pat cherries dry with a paper towel. Stir in cherries and brown sugar until
combined. Spread over crust in pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes