Cheddar Apple Pie Bars
This easy-as-pie bar is inspired by the classic Midwest Cheddar and apple pie
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 1/2 cups
finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking parchment paper, leaving
paper overhanging on two sides.
- Using a pastry blender, mix 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury™ sugar cookie dough
with 1 1/2 cups finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 ounces) until evenly incorporated.
- Press two-thirds of mixture evenly into baking dish.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice 2 large Granny Smith apples.
- In medium bowl, toss apples with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 2 tablespoons
- To remaining cookie dough mixture, add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1 tablespoon
sugar; combine with pastry blender.
- Spread apple mixture evenly over crust in baking dish; top with remaining cookie
- Bake about 40 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
- Cool for 2 hours.
- Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- After cooling at room temperature, the bars can be put into an airtight container
and stored in the refrigerator. The longer they cool, the easier they will be to
30 min prep time | 40 min cook time | 12 servings
By Aaron Hutcherson
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury