Cheddar Crunch Apple Squares
Buttery crumbles of vanilla wafer, coconut, cinnamon and cheese blend deliciously
with apple pie filling. Tasty to the last crunch!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 ounces (1 box) vanilla wafers (or 3 1/3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs)
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 2 (21-ounce cans) apple pie filling
- Cinnamon ice cream or warmed honey, to serve
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the vanilla wafer crumbs in a food processor or with a rolling pin
and combine with the coconut, cinnamon, cheese, and butter to form a crumbly
mixture. Press half of this mixture firmly into the bottom of a greased 13 x
9-inch baking pan.
- Spread the apple pie filling on top of the bottom crust. Top with the remaining
crumb mixture; do not press down.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and
place the pan on a wire rack. Place the rack in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- To serve, cut into 2-inch squares.
- Serve with the ice cream or warmed honey.
Yield: 2 dozen squares
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes