Cherry Almond Cheese Squares
- 40 Graham crackers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups cold milk, divided
- 2 (4-serving size) boxes jello vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 container Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Arrange half the crackers on the bottom of 9 x 13-inch pan (3L), cutting
crackers to fit if necessary.
- Beat cream cheese at low speed of electric mixer until smooth. Gradually
beat in 1 cup of the milk.
- In another bowl combine pudding mix and remaining 2 cups of milk and almond
extract; whisk until well blended. Add to cream cheese mixture and blend well.
Fold in topping.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over crackers. Arrange second layer of
crackers on top. Top with remaining pudding mixture.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Spoon
cherry pie filling over each square if desired.
Yield: 16 servings