- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 17 x 11 inch pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla extract and eggs; beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients, add to batter and mix well. Pour into prepared pan, saving 1 1/2 cups batter. Spread cherries on top, leaving 1/2 inch from edge. Place reserved batter on top by spoonsful.
- Heat for a short time, then spread batter with a knife.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.