Cherry Custard Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Blend together flour, butter, and confectioners' sugar.
- Press into a 9-inch square pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Beat eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, nuts, and
cherries. Pour on top of baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.