Cherry Eggnog Bars
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed
- Add 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, 2/3 cup milk, eggs, baking powder,
nutmeg, salt and vanilla extract or rum flavoring. Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
Beat in remaining flour at low speed.
- Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Spread in
a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about 25 minutes.
- Cool pan on a wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough of the 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
to make of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies.
- Cut into bars.