- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs,
one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour, beating
well. Stir in flavorings. Pour the batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Lightly cut through the batter with a small knife to mark off 24 squares.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon pie filling in center of each square.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned (the batter will puff up around
filling while baking).
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares, and remove from pan.
Yield: 24 servings
Per Serving: 194 Calories; 9g Fat (39.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein;
28g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 52mg Cholesterol; 90mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes