Chewy Caramel Squares
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave. Let cool slightly.
brown sugar and stir well.
- Add eggs, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and
pecans. Mix well.
- Spread in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.