Chewy Date-Pecan Squares
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, broken
- 2 cups dates, finely cut
- Beat eggs until foamy, then add sugar slowly to eggs and beat until thick.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, then add slowly to egg mixture.
- Add nuts and dates. Spread out into a well-greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until the mixture looks dull on top, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over, if desired.
- Cut into squares while warm.