Chewy Granola Bars
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups single or assorted add-in's*
* miniature semisweet chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, raisins, chopped dried fruits,
candy-coated chocolate pieces, chopped nuts, craisins, etc.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla extract,
butter or margarine, honey and brown sugar.
- Stir in 2 cups of add-in's. Lightly press mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars.
- Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving.