Chewy Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup+ 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups low-fat granola mix (not cereal)
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Combine brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract and butter in saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes, until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine granola mix, coconut, raisins, 1/12 cup chips and the almonds in large bowl.
- Stir brown sugar mixture into granola.
- Spread into 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Press remaining chips into top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.