Chewy Pumpkin Caramel Bars
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 27 caramels, unwrapped (about 9 ounces)
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, divided
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large
- Add pumpkin and oil; beat until blended (batter will be thick).
- Spread two-thirds batter into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Combine caramels and evaporated milk in small saucepan; stir over low heat
until caramels are melted.
- Pour caramel mixture over baked layer; sprinkle with
1/4 cup nuts.
- Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoons over caramel mixture;
sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Return to oven for 20 to 25 minutes (top layer will be slightly soft).
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
>> BAR COOKIE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.