Chewy Toffee Almond Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups (10 ounces) SKOR English Toffee Bits or HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Almond Toffee Bits
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 3/4 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease sides of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour, beating until well blended.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine toffee bits and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until toffee is melted (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Stir in 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup coconut. Spread toffee mixture to within
1/4-inch of edges of crust.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup almonds and remaining 1/4 cup coconut over top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 36 bars
>> BAR COOKIE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.