Chewy Walnut Squares
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely shopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Stir together the egg, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Quickly stir in
flour, baking soda and salt. Add walnuts.
- Spread in pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Squares should be soft in center
when taken from oven.
- Cool in pan on rack; cut into 2-inch squares.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Yield: 16 squares
>> BAR COOKIE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.