Chewy Raspberry Almond Bars
Check out these great raspberry almond bars - a chewy treat!
For Chewy Blueberry Almond Bars, substitute fresh blueberries for the raspberries.
If you don't have baking spray with flour, grease the pan with cooking spray
and dust lightly with flour.
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9-inch square pan with baking spray with
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter, using
pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions),
until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. To
remaining mixture, stir in egg until just moistened.
- Press dough firmly and evenly into bottom of pan, using fingers or bottom
of measuring cup. Spread with jam. Arrange raspberries over jam. Stir almonds
into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle evenly over raspberries.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden.
- Cool completely on cooling rack.
- Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
Prep time 20 min | Servings 16
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Bar) Calories 260 (Calories from Fat
100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 150mg;
Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 18g), Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6.00%; Vitamin C 4.00%; Calcium 4.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker
>> BAR COOKIE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.