This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars (T&T)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups light or dark corn syrup
- 6 squares semisweet chocolate
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Crust: Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, butter and salt until mixture resembles
- Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan.
- Press mixture firmly into pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Filling: Stir corn syrup and chocolate over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 cups sugar, then eggs, vanilla extract
and pecans, blend well.
- Pour over hot base and spread evenly and bake at 350
degrees F for 30 minutes or until filling is firm around the edges and slightly
soft in the center.
- Cool in pan on rack.
Yield: 48 squares