- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup crunch peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups corn soya cereal
- Combine all except egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix with low speed of mixer
(or with pastry blender) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg yolk
and vanilla extract. Mix well and press mixture firmly into ungreased 15 1/2
x 10 1/2 x 1 inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Spread with Chocolate Crunch.
- Let stand at room temperature until chocolate hardens.
- Cut into bars or squares.
- Chocolate Crunch: Melt chocolate pieces
in top of double boiler over boiling water. Stir in crunchy peanut butter
and corn soya cereal.
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen cookies
I have no idea what cereal she is referring to but I expect you could substitute
rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies).
Posted by CJ at Recipe Goldmine 10/9/2001 6:08 pm.