Chocolate Amaretto Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, cut into pieces, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups (about 7 ounces) sliced almonds
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- Chocolate Drizzle (recipe follows), optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Crust: Beat flour, butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until crumbly.
Press into prepared baking pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Filling: Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, liqueur, butter and cornstarch
in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir in almonds and 1 2/3 cups morsels. Pour
over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- For chocolate drizzle: Place remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag.
Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead.
- Microwave at 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny
corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over bars.
- Refrigerate for few minutes to firm chocolate before cutting into bars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes