Chocolate Brownie Delight
- 6 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans, and line with wax paper; grease wax paper.
- Combine unsweetened chocolate and butter in a heavy sauce pan. Place
over low heat, stir constantly until melted. Cool.
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Add to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour and chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Spread frosting over layers and top.
- Mocha Frosting: Cook first 4 ingredients over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Add sugar and butter. Mix until smooth.
Posted by Lorraine38 at Recipe Goldmine 1/12/2002 10:19 pm.