Chocolate Caramel Bars
- 1 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, separated
- 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sunsweet Lighter Bake
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup fat free caramel ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add Lighter Bake and oil; stir well with fork or fingertips until evenly moist and crumbly.
Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Stir remaining flour into caramel topping. Drizzle over chocolate to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake for additional 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
Yield: 36 bars