Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars
With a crust made from refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, these bars are
layered with peanuts, cereal, milk chocolate and caramel to indulge any sweet tooth.
- 1 (16.5 ounce) roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1 (11.5 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 (18 ounce) container caramel apple dip (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press
dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, cook 1 cup of the chips and 1 cup of the dip
over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and peanuts.
- Spread cereal mixture over cooled crust.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat remaining chips and dip over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until melted and smooth. Spread over cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set, about 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Store tightly covered.
20 min prep time | 36 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Bar Calories 180 Calories from Fat 60 Total
Fat 7g 11% Saturated Fat 2 1/2g 12% Trans Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 130mg
5% Total Carbohydrate 25g 8% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 17g 17% Protein 3g 3%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 4% Iron 6%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Bake-Off® Contest 40, 2002 - Kathleen Kildsig, Kiel, Wisconsin
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury