Chocolate Cherry Jubilees
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces pre-melted baking
chocolate flavor or 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can
prepared cherry fruit filling
- 3 tablespoons sliced or slivered almonds
- Grease bottom of 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- Combine flour, sugar,
chocolate flavor, butter, almond extract and eggs. Beat 2 minutes at medium
speed. Spread in prepared pan.
- Using about 1 tablespoon per serving, spoon cherry
filling in three rows of five over batter. Sprinkle almonds over filling.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until top springs
back when touched lightly in center. (Do not over-bake.)
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 15 servings
Self-rising flour is not recommended.