Chocolate Covered Cherry Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 36 red maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients listed. Beat on
low with electric mixer until soft dough forms.
- Press mixture evenly into ungreased 8-inch square baking pan to form base.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In another medium mixing bowl, combine fondant ingredients. Beat on low
- Carefully spread fondant evenly over base.
- Arrange cherries over fondant in 6 rows of 6.
- In 1-quart saucepan, combine chips and shortening. Melt over low heat, stirring
- Spoon melted chips over and between cherries, spreading to cover fondant.
- Chill until set before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 36 bars
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 6/22/01 7:07:43 pm.
>> BAR COOKIE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.