Chocolate-Drizzled Cinnamon Pecan Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed
until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk; beat well.
- Add flour and cinnamon, beat on low speed until well blended.
- Press dough out evenly into a 1/4-inch thick
rectangle on large ungreased baking sheet.
- Beat egg white until foamy. Brush on dough.
- Sprinkle with nuts, lightly press into dough.
- Bake in preheated 300 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into 2 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch bars while still hot. Remove from baking sheet.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips in separate bowls as directed on package.
- Spoon each melted chocolate into a plastic sandwich bag, then cut a small piece from one
of the bottom corners of the bag. Close the bag tightly, then drizzle the chocolates
in a pretty pattern over the bars.
- Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 3 dozen