Chocolate Fruit Bars
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup green candied cherries, halved
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together crumbs, cocoa and sugar; with pastry blender,
blend in butter until well combined. Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch
up sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle peanut butter chips, dates and
cherries over crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over fruit. Sprinkle
nuts on top; press down lightly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges of filling are lightly browned
and center is bubbly.
- Cool completely.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Let stand at room temperature about 8 hours before
cutting into bars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes