Chocolate Mint Parfait Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- First Layer: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll
- In a large bowl, combine all first-layer ingredients and mix until crumbly.
Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Filling: Dissolve gelatine in the boiling water; cool.
- In large bowl, combine the softened gelatine, 2 cups of the confectioners'
sugar, butter, shortening, extract and food coloring. Keep color light. Beat
1 minute at medium speed or until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in remaining 2 cups
confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled pan crust.
- Frosting: In a small saucepan, heat chocolate chips and margarine over low
heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over filling.
- Place tray in refrigerator until cookies are firm.
- Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into 48 bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.