Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 (1.4 ounce) Heath candy bars, crushed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add corn syrup and vanilla
extract; beat well.
- Stir in oats; press into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a heavy saucepan or in a microwave;
stir until blended. Spread over cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with crushed Heath bars.
- Refrigerate until set before cutting.
Yield: 3 dozen