Chocolate Pecan Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups
semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- To make crust: Beat flour, butter and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl
- Press into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To make filling: Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla
extract in a medium
bowl with a wire whisk.
- Stir in chunks and nuts. Pour evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Yield: about 3 dozen bars
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/11/2001 3:17 pm.