Chocolate Peppermint Slices
- 2/3 cup self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 (4 ounce) squares dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan; line with greased paper.
- Crust: Sift flour, cocoa and baking soda into small bowl of electric mixer; add
sugar, butter and water. Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- Add egg; beat until combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes; cool in pan.
- Peppermint Filling: Combine confectioners' sugar and oil in a small
heatproof bowl; stir in enough milk to make a stiff paste.
- Add peppermint extract. Stir over hot water until spreadable.
- Chocolate Topping: Melt chocolate and butter over hot water.
- Spread cooled base with Peppermint Filling; refrigerate until set. Spread
with Chocolate Topping.
- Refrigerate until set before cutting.