Chocolate Peppermint Slices
- 2/3 cup self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 (4 ounce) squares dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan; line with greased paper.
- Crust: Sift flour, cocoa and baking soda into small bowl of electric mixer; add
sugar, butter and water. Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- Add egg; beat until combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes; cool in pan.
- Peppermint Filling: Combine confectioners' sugar and oil in a small
heatproof bowl; stir in enough milk to make a stiff paste.
- Add peppermint extract. Stir over hot water until spreadable.
- Chocolate Topping: Melt chocolate and butter over hot water.
- Spread cooled base with Peppermint Filling; refrigerate until set. Spread
with Chocolate Topping.
- Refrigerate until set before cutting.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.