Chocolate Pretzel Coconut Layer Bars
For an afternoon snack or a family gathering, try these elegant Chocolate Pretzel
Coconut Layer Bar cookies. They are chock full of pecans, chocolate morsels, butterscotch
morsels and coconut!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
cup (1 stick) butter (melted)
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup (6 ounces)
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, pretzels, butter and egg in large bowl; stir until well
- Press pretzel mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust puffs and appears dry.
- Cool in pan on
wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Layer semi-sweet morsels, butterscotch morsels, coconut and nuts.
- Pour sweetened
condensed milk over nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely in
pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Created by Julie Hubbs of Greenfield, Minnesota.
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé and meals.com.