Chocolate Raspberry Dream Bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup raspberry (or strawberry) jam
- 2 cups (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine flour and granulated sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press onto bottom of greased 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Topping (prepare while crust is baking): Combine flour, pecans and brown
sugar in small bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread jam over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, then with Topping.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.