Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Squares
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned,
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks)
butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
or jam (about 10 oz.)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet
Chocolate Morsels, melted (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, oats, sugars, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in
butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1
cup oat mixture for streusel.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased
8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Spread preserves evenly over hot crust to within 1/2 inch of edges.
evenly with 1 cup morsels.
- Combine reserved oat mixture and almonds, if desired; sprinkle over morsels,
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
Let chocolate set before cutting into squares.
- Store tightly covered.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Servings: 24 squares
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé and meals.com.