Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Squares
Prep: 15 min | Bake: 45 min | Servings: 24 squares
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves or jam (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, oats, sugars, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for streusel.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Spread preserves evenly over hot crust to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup morsels.
- Combine reserved oat mixture and almonds, if desired; sprinkle over morsels, patting gently.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired. Let chocolate set before cutting into squares.
- Store tightly covered.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com