Chocolate River Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix, butter, brown sugar and sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg and extract and beat well.
- Stir together flour, soda and salt. Mix into butter mixture beating
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top of batter.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 2 minutes just till chocolate softens.
- With a table knife, swirl the melted chocolate pieces into the batter.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes more till golden.
- Cut into 32 bars.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 11/6/2001 7:05 pm.