Chocolate Sherry Bars
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Bars: In small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter together over low
- In large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Add sugar to eggs. Mix, then add chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Mix flour and salt together. Add to sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla extract. Beat for 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased and floured 14 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Filling: Beat together all ingredients. Spread over base, and chill well.
- Topping: In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips, butter and water together
over low heat and dribble over the filling.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.