Cinnamon Caramel Swirl Bars
Cinnamon is the star ingredient in this indulgent recipe certain to please one
and all. This favorite spice combines with gooey caramel for a truly decadent dessert.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and pecans in large bowl until well
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Reserve 1 cup of the batter. Spread remaining
batter into lightly greased foil-lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes
or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after every minute.
- Cool for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour over baked layer in pan, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Drop reserved 1 cup batter by spoonsful over caramel layer. Cut through batter with
knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Lift from pan. Cut into bars.
25 min Prep time | 35 min Cook time | Makes 24 (1 bar) servings
Test Kitchen Tip: Line pan with foil with ends of foil extending over sides
of pan. Use foil handles to remove baked dessert from pan. Place on cutting
board and cut into bars.
Nutrition information (Amount per serving): Calories: 225 Cholesterol: 28mg
Sodium: 151mg Protein: 3g Total Fat: 9g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate: 33g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes