- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a jellyroll pan.
- Mix sugar, butter and egg yolk in large bowl.
- Stir in flour and cinnamon.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Beat egg white and water until foamy; brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until very light brown.
- Immediately cut into about 3 x 1-inch strips.
- Cool on wire rack.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies