Cocoa Ripple Squares
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately
with milk, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Combine cocoa, 1/3 cup walnuts and remaining sugar.
- Spoon a third of the batter into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the cocoa
- Dot with half of the butter.
- Repeat layers; top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 9 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes