Coconut Jam Squares
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 7 ounces sweet butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup plus jam of your choice
- 5 unbeaten egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the shortbread dough and chill in refrigerator
for 30 minutes.
- Flatten or roll out onto a greased square baking pan 9 x 9-inch
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, stir together the coconut mixture in a saucepan and simmer, stirring
until thick (DO NOT BOIL ).
- Spread jam over the warm short crust dough, drop coconut batter on top and
- Return to oven and bake an additional 7 minutes, or until coconut topping
is slightly set and golden brown.
- Cut into squares while still warm and cool completely.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 10, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes