Coconut Lime Sours (T&T)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or margarine, plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles
coarse meal. Press into ungreased 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, nuts, brown sugar, and coconut until well blended;
spread over baked crust.
- Bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until set.
- While still warm, loosen the edges with a metal spatula.
- Mix together the confectioners' sugar, lime juice and zest. Working
quickly, spread the lime mixture over the top while still warm.
- Let cool to room temperature and cut into bars. Cut 11 cuts crosswise and
3 cuts lengthwise.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes