Coconut Macadamia Nut Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted
butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups grated
- 1 cup chopped Macadamias
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In food processor blend flour, the 1/3 cup brown sugar and butter until
mixture resembles meal. Press into an 8-inch square baking pan and bake in the
middle of a 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
- For the topping, beat eggs with the 1 cup brown sugar until thick and pale,
then beat in vanilla extract.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt and fold
mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in coconut, macadamia nuts and lemon juice.
- Spoon mixture over crust and bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool in the pan on a rack.
- Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars and remove bars from
- Sprinkle bars with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 32 bars
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.