Coconut Bonbon Bars
Create a rich chocolate-and-coconut, candy bar-like treat with an easy cookie
mix. Who would have guessed!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (17.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Press in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat softened butter, milk and vanilla with electric
mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Stir in
coconut and almonds until well blended.
- Spread filling evenly over cooled cookie base.
- Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until filling is set.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart nonstick saucepan, heat topping ingredients over medium-low
heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Cool for about 10 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Pour topping over filling; spread to cover filling.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until set.
- Before cutting into bars, let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Prep time: 35 Min | Yield: 36 servings
"One variation we really love is to leave out the almonds in the filling
and then sprinkle coarsely chopped smoked almonds over the chocolate topping. It
adds that salty and sweet dimension."
Cut bars into mini bite-sized treats and serve in mini paper or metallic liners.
To cut bars easily, line bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, leaving
foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan. Use foil to lift bars from pan, and
pull foil from sides of bars before cutting.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Bar) Calories 330 (Calories from Fat
140), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 125mg;
Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 38g), Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 4.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes