Coffee Dream Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold strong coffee
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- Cream butter and sugar; add beaten eggs and blend well.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with cold coffee, mixing well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup nuts. Spread in a jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- When cooled, ice with mixture of remaining butter, confectioners' sugar and coffee.
- Sprinkle with more nuts, then cut into bars.
Source: Cooking With Coffee - 1995